Revolution 2.8.1 has been officially released so we have built our beta
versions and are ready for
testing. While we have lobbied for fixes and features that would best
serve the Interocitor, not all have as yet been addressed. Be sure to check
the Known Issues heading below for more info.
The beta program has a list of phased goals we would like to achieve in
order to assure that new and complex features are founded on solid,
crash-free components. As each phase is successfully completed we'll
post the goals for the next until full functionality is implemented,
after which the beta program will end and PatroNet will officially
reopen for business.
Anyone may participate in the program, but testers should be aware of
what limits and responsibilities are involved. While you may be a
PatroNet member and be anxious to get your subscriptions working, it is
critical that testers do their best to both 'break' the application and
keep track of the steps to recreate the problem. To this end we will
maintain an online bug database (see below) that you can access using
any browser. You should NOT email
tech support about issues encountered during the beta test.
Our goals for Phase 1 of the test are as follows:
* Successful download and decompression of the Interocitor from
* Successful creation of the PatroNet folder and installation of the
core updatable components
* Consistent behavior of various media such as sound and Flash content
* Consistent and intuitive behavior of the ChannelSurfer and Tracker
* Switching of online and offline modes by restarting the Interocitor
Please note that while the Member Info channel can be reached, it is
not activated and will neither submit your info nor save it locally.
This will be part of the next test phase.
Note also that the Player (archive mode) is not yet activated and
is available only to confirm that you can switch from online to offline
mode and back.
Most of these issues are a result of behaviors in our authoring
environment that have not been resolved or have no current workaround.
* Flash media may not properly convey the cursor position to the Flash
movie. This will be most obvious in the "All About" channel where
rollovers will behave strangely and not respond to mouse clicks.
* Fonts may change their appearance from session to session.
* Channelsurfer and Tracker objects may have grey corner 'artifacts'
and the Channelsurfer may flicker excessively when resizing.
* Sound cues may sometimes not play. This may be an addressable issue,
but we would like to gauge how consistent this bug is.
THE BUG FORUM
We have implemented a web-based issue tracking system at http://www.patronet.com/betatest/.
To log on, use this information:
you add a new issue, please check to see if it has already been entered
by another tester. You can also check the status of any outstanding
PatroNet Development Team